Friday, May 1, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

The Avengers, man!  Can't go wrong with a big Marvel movie on the big screen.  Saw it this morning at the Alamo. I enjoyed it a lot.  I was a little worried about halfway through but the last part saved it.  There are a few minor things I can think of right now that stopped it from being a perfect movie for me.  Since this isn't a full on heavy duty review, I'll just mention one of them.  Hulk didn't steal the show this time around.  As a matter of fact, during the last battle, there was like 10 or 15 minutes, maybe more, where Hulk was nowhere in sight.  All the other Avengers were kicking ass except for him.  Action sequences were awesome though.  Some good moments.  My favorite moment is actually a spoiler that happens during near the end of the final battle sequence.  The moment with Wanda (Scarlett Witch) and Ultron.  That's all I have to say about that moment.  A few things felt rushed but, overall, action packed.  Thor was my favorite Avenger this time around.  That was a good surprise. He was my least favorite character in the past but now he has finally won me over.  Must see in the theatre.  A good pre-Summer treat.  Kudos for setting up the next Avenger movies.

Giving this a 7 out of 10.