Wednesday, May 27, 2015

One-Armed Swordsman

Had me a kung fu and samurai double feature on Sunday.  Posting late due to a crazy week
at work (mother nature decided to give me some overtime in the same week I work the early morning shift).  Anyways, I started with this movie and ended with Zatoichi Meets the One-Armed Swordsman.  This Shaw Brothers classic was pretty good.  A little longer than what it needed to be but pretty damn good.  I mean, it's got a revenge plot so it's not going to be terrible (though, I've seen some pretty terrible revenge films in my life).  Basic story.  Villains here are very unlikeable.  I just wanted them dead but they got away with a lot of stuff up until the very end.  I love the kung fu score here.  Too awesome.  Too awesome that I searched the internet to see if I can buy the soundtrack.  Of course, it's nowhere to be found.  So instead, I bought the Kung Fu Hustle soundtrack.  Anyways, there are a lot of cheesy scenes but it's supposed to be a serious movie.  I was okay with it.
 
Okay to check out.  There's a special edition to this movie that features a commentary by my favorite director, Tarantino.  Might have to snag that version someday.



 
Before I started the double feature, I went to a Chinese restaurant called, Four Seasons.  Pretty damn good.