Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Purge (2013)

The Purge IMDb
I've become a big fan of home invasion movies ever since my own personal Home Invasion movie nights last year.  So, I'm going to be bias about this one.  Wait, this is my personal blog, I can write anything I want, motherfu#ker.  I'm not some critic analyzing the movie and spilling out lots of details.  Just my initial personal reaction on how I feel about the movie.  This movie sucked in the first half.  The set up to the story was disappointing.  But, when the actual home invasion part started happening, that's when I started getting entertained.  Some good kills but they become repetitive.  When one person is about to die, they get saved by another person at the last minute.  It happened like five times in the movie. Other than that, it was pretty okay for a home invasion movie.  I love the little anti-government message at the end.  I would recommend this for a one time thing but not a priority or a must buy.