Monday, November 4, 2013

Samurai Monday: Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island

Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island IMDb
The samurai "novela" trilogy comes to an end.  It was a long but good ride.  We get a beautiful samurai battle set on the beach towards the end.  That was probably my favorite part.  The rest is a long dramatic journey to get there.  Would of wanted some more great battles, but, in this trilogy, there wasn't that many.  I love the first part of the trilogy.  These last two weren't as strong.  Good to check out once only if you're a fan of samurai movies.  For others, I would recommend Zatoichi (would love to see the rest of the Zatoichi films) and maybe some of the Sonny Chiba samurai movies.  Next month I close my last Samurai Monday this year with "When The Last Sword Is Drawn."