Monday, November 4, 2013

Big Man Japan

Big Man Japan IMDb
I saw R100 at Fantastic Fest this year and became an instant fan of the film so I decided to check this movie from the same director.  I didn't know that the same director also directed a weird movie called "Symbol."  Big Man Japan started out pretty good.  I was so into it.  Just like "Symbol," it became a little too weird and too much for me towards the end.  It had a good concept and premise and I didn't mind the weirdness for the most part but I was a bit let down in the last 20 minutes of the film.  This is like a bizarre version of "Pacific Rim" in a way.  Japan has this guy that they transform into a giant whenever a monster pops out of nowhere.  He fights the monsters and it's also part of a television reality show.  Overall, I don't recommended, so at your own risk if you're interested. For sure keep a look out for R100.  That movie I stand by 100 percent.