Monday, November 18, 2013

The Kings of Summer (2013)

The Kings of Summer IMDb
Another great coming of age comedy.  This one is more about survival and friendship but still covers some of the coming of age genre basics.  Music is pretty awesome too.  Gotta make a note on that.  This movie has its charms especially the first half.  It's not "Stand By Me" but it still has its unique experience.  Love the characters especially the weird 3rd kid (Biaggio).  I imagine how awesome it would been if I was to do this when I was 15:  build a low budget house in the middle of the woods and share it with two close friends.  It definitely would of been a great summer and one to remember by but I wasn't that cool.  This movie was a kick ass time.  Earlier this past Summer I saw The Way Way Back (another great coming of age comedy).  This one is up there with that one.  Had me my favorite Summer munchies when I was growing up: nachos from 7-eleven and a big gulp while watching this movie.  Highly Recommended!  Maybe to buy.