Wednesday, July 11, 2012

South American Cinema Night: American Visa

SOUTH AMERICAN CINEMA NIGHT

Every 2nd Wednesday of every month
I'll be checking out a movie from any country in South America.
My goal is to see one movie from each country.
This excludes any films I see at film festivals.

Tonight's movie is from Bolivia.


American Visa
This Bolivian movie was pretty okay.
It was going good then it got a bit
stressful. I didn't like the way it turned out.
But, oh well.
It had a little bit of comedy, a little bit of suspense,
and some drama.
The director takes us to the streets of a Bolivian city.
It looked like Juarez to me in a way.
Everything was going okay until
the American Visa official came back towards the end.
We get it, there's corruption in the government.
They get the money and they still deny visas.
The point was made.
But still, they wanted to let the audience know once again
that they're corrupted (just in case, we were dumb enough not
to see it clearly in the beginning).

Next month, I'll be watching a movie from Peru for
South American Cinema Night. We'll see how that one
goes.