Friday, July 27, 2012

Kung Fu Friday: Legendary Weapons of China

KUNG FU FRIDAY

Every fourth Friday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a kung fu movie of any period.
Gives me an excuse to kick the walls and break
blocks of wood. Also gives me the excuse to
go to I Luv Video or Vulcan Video and catch up on
some great kung fu flicks out there.

Legendary Weapons of China
Awesome Kung Fu flick.
Lots of weapons.
Lots of action.
Lots of dubbed swings and chops.
It was almost two hours long but
the quality was pretty damn good.
Like most kung fu movies,
there's a lot of characters that it confuses me in the
beginning. After a while, I get the hang of it.
So fast.
I like the voodoo doll move.
Basically, a guy holds a voodoo doll
and has control on how this other guy fights.
It was cheesy and awesome at the same time.
This is from The Shaw Brothers and has Gordon Liu in it.

It was kicking good time. The only part was that this dragged on
a little bit for me but it might of felt like that because
I was watching this pretty late.
A must for the Kung Fu section.


I had me some homemade pork filled wontons
with orange sweet and sour sauce served
with a TsingTao. Match made in China! I think.