Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Trumbo (2015)

Dammit, this was so fucking awesome.  It may be because I love movies about screenwriters.  It may be because I love films about history of films and the industry.  This movie made me want to go see some of the classics they referenced like Roman Holiday.  Good ensemble cast.  Bryan Cranston nails his role as the communist screen writer, Dalton Trumbo.  Love the fucking movie.  I thought it was going to be good and it exceeded my expectations. Don't mean to hype this up too much. Just excited to have seen it.  Good double feature with Spartacus.  This is a big contender for my top 10 of the year.  So many great moments.  Good information about screen writers that were blacklisted for believing in communism. What kind of world was that? Wait, it's still that world. "If you're Muslim, you must be a terrorist" kind of world.  Don't want to get into it. Watch this awesome movie. Great period film for film lovers.  That's it. 
9 out of 10.