Thursday, December 3, 2015

Amy (2015)

 Wow!  I did two documentaries today on two different music icons, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse.  Both artists shared a lot of things in common.  Both got worse with fame and couldn't handle the pressure that came with it.  Both struggled with heroin.  Both were suicidal.  This was another good documentary but I couldn't relate to it as much as Cobain's doc.  Maybe because I'm a guy.  This was cleverly done using interviews of Amy and family while showing images and behind the scenes footage.  I'm not a Winehouse fan although, I must admit, I like one or three songs from her.  It's a tragedy.  While I enjoyed Montage of Heck just slightly more, this also great to see.  This made me hate the paparazzi a whole lot.  Fuckers practically killed her. 
7 out of 10.