Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Hateful Eight (2015)

Okay, this is a Tarantino film. You know what that means?  This is already clinched in my top 10 of the year even without watching it.  Tarantino never disappoints.  Another winner.  Different than his other stuff.  Typical Tarantino story and style but the flow is what's different.  I saw this in the 70mm "roadshow" program.  Overture, intermission, and a few extra minutes is the difference.  I'll see the regular theatrical version soon.  Loved it. No surprise. But, this isn't my 10 out of 10 I was expecting.  Very cool long developing whodunitstory.  Unpredictable.  Great dialogue.  Wonderful shots of course.  Ruthless characters.  Hateful Eight isn't a misleading title at all.  There was just something missing from making this perfect.  Other than that, definitely in my top 10 of the year.  This is also my 100th film from this year.  So, my goal is met. I'm rewatching a few top 10 contenders this weekend and coming week and come up with a list of favorites.  Until then, I remain your friend, Abraham Lincoln.  Oh, this movie was even better watching it with my brothers Phillip and Ramon who traveled from Midland TX just to see this movie.
9 out of 10.