Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Mommy

By mistake I saw this pretty awesome Canadian drama.  I don't know if it was the high dose of caffeine I had earlier or the tumor on my head making me feel pretty crazy with this dysfuntional family story.  The performances were great.  The way they told this story was fucking clever.  And I fucking love music in movies and this had a lot of great moments with that.  Weird dance sequences, tension mother and son moments, and changes in screen format throughout the film made this special.  Glad I saw it by mistake.  You see, I went to Vulcan Video and saw the cover to this and thought that this was the movie they showed at Fantastic Fest last year as one of their secret screenings.  It wasn't until halfway through the movie when I went online to research and noticed it was the movie, "Goodbye Mommy" that was the secret screening.  Big mistake.  Anyways, this won the Jury Prize at Cannes last year.  I can see why!    
Good movie I would recommend if you're in the mood for a crazy drama in French.