Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Focus (2015)

I love every single time that the song, "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones, plays in movies.  And this movie right here is no exception.  As a matter of fact, that scene is my favorite scene.  Intense gambling scene with that Chinese guy from Jurassic Park against our main character, fucking Will Smith.  I am no fan of Will Smith but I must admit this was pretty good.  I had low expectations, of course.  I love that this was unpredictable. Stupid twists and turns but unpredictable.  At least for me, it was.  I would have wanted a revenge angle.  Oops, I hope that wasn't a spoiler.  Anyways, some good scenes.  It had me interested and never lost me.  One of my favorite characters was Farhad (played by Adrian Martinez).  I redbox this and I say, it's fucking worth that.  Not special or anything.  But, if you're looking for an entertaining heist movie, this was pretty good there.
7 out of 10.