Thursday, July 9, 2015

Maggie (2015)

Decent drama zombie flick with Arnold Schwarznegger.  I went in with low expectations and thinking of it as a straight up drama.  Thank goodness for that.  I enjoyed it.  Yeah, it was very slow.  But, it was also a little original.  Imagine during the zombie apocalypse, your teenage daughter gets bitten.  In this zombie world, it takes weeks for you to turn into a full zombie.  So, you're there watching your daughter die slowly.  What the fuck are you going to do?  Arnold can't do drama or otherwise, I would have felt the emotions more here as he plays Maggie's father.  I just put myself in the character's shoes and see what I would do.  Three options are presented here by the doctor.  One, send her to quarantine with other zombies for her last days.  Two, take a quarantine injection that's more painful than anything in the world but she would spend her last dying days at home.  Third option, a quick death.  Damn!  Maggie is played by Abigail Breslin from Zombieland.  Kudos!  So, this movie was okay to see for its originality.  Could have been a lot better though.  At least it was about 90 minutes long. 
6 out of 10.