Thursday, June 5, 2014

We Are The Best!

I been really slow in my movie watching fix.  I have a good excuse, I promise.  First, I finished the whole Breaking Bad show on my netflix.  Finally, after two months.  It was an awesome experience.  Second, I was in Los Angeles this past whole week.  I did manage to see this movie over there at an independent theatre.  I wanted to see something different that not a lot of places have.  I went with this punkish Swedish film.  It's about these two tomboy looking teenagers who rebel against their school and form a punk band without any knowledge of how to play an instrument.  They team up with this third teenage girl who knows the guitar.  Together, they form a friendship and bring out their punk spirit.  It gets a little boring at the end.  It was cute and all but nothing to make a big deal about.
It was the right movie to see out there cause Los Angeles always reminds me of a lot punk rock music I listen to.  It's all about the West coast.  No one does it better.  Of course, that's a bias statement. 
I wouldn't recommend this movie unless you're in the mood for a Foreign drama but at your own risk. 
This is The NUART Theatre in Los Angeles.