Sunday, June 15, 2014

Delivery Man

Decided to watch this movie today on Father's Day.  Why not.   I saw the Canadian original last year. It was called Starbuck.  This U.S remake is exactly the same. I didn't notice anything different.   So this just means that most Americans need to just watch more Foreign Films.   The more we give foreign films exposure,  the less of a chance for a U.S. remake.  Then, Hollywood can give work to other independent filmmakers out there with original stuff.  This movie, just like the original, was sweet and funny.  I mean, we're talking about a guy who fathered 533 children.  There's gotta be some comedic elements in that.  It was pretty good watching this tonight.  I'm proud to be the father of a crazy four year old boy. I just need to have 532 more children and I'll be tied with Starbuck here.  I'll love them all the same.
Check out either version I guess.  They're both the same.  Both are "make you feel good" kind of movies.  Not so much laugh out loud comedies.