Thursday, June 12, 2014

Valentine

My friend Marycela told me about this movie when I was discussing my Heart Slasher script to her in California.  I heard this movie when it came out in 2001 (mainly because of the soundtrack).  I think I saw pieces of it.  So I decided to give it a shot today.  In some ways, this is similar to my story but in most ways, it's different.  Here, we follow five girls.  They each start getting killed one by one.  The killer is supposed to be this one kid that each of these girls ridiculed and rejected during a Valentine's Day dance 13 years ago.  Pretty simple.  This story is mostly horror.  There's a lot of stupid situations these girls put themselves in just like in other horror movies.  If you're taking a shower, why would you leave your front door open?  Hmm!  Good one.  And damn, this killer is very fast from acting like a naked corpse in one shot and all dressed and masked up in the next.  This movie is cheesy.  I don't mind that most times.  Hell, I enjoyed a fair amount of cheesy and campy movies.  But there are some that aren't quite for me.  This one is one of them.  Yeah, I kind of enjoyed some parts.  Mainly, because I'm thinking about my slasher script.  My script is not really horror based.  It's mostly a detective/serial killer movie.  I'm almost half way done.  Having some issues with some of the characters.  I have to go back and rework some scenes and change some other stuff.
Anyways, this movie isn't recommended unless you're in the mood for a stupid cheesy slasher flick.
Didn't like the ending that much.  I did like the idea of the rose.  In one scene, the killer leaves a rose behind so one of the girls can see it before getting killed.