Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

What a bad ass ride this was.  It's the sci-fi version of Groundhog Day with aliens.  Very cool for an alien invasion movie.   Tom Cruise's character, Cage, gets forced to fight in the battlefront.  He meets his crew and they all become trapped in an island full of crazy high tech aliens. Somehow Cage gets covered in blood by one of them and he inherits a special power: he gets to restart the same day everyday he dies.  He meets Emily Blunt's character and they use his power to try to win this crazy war with them aliens. A few surprises and good battle scenes makes this movie awesome. Love it when Cage purposely gets killed every day to start over with no mistakes.  Wish I can do that.  It's a little sappy towards the end but I didn't mind it too much.  Non stop sci-fi thriller. 
I recommend this movie. I'm going to added to my Aliens section for sure.