Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Instructions Not Included

Man, this was a tearjerker.  I love the hell out of this movie. It was funny, dramatic, and sad.  It's from Mexico.  They usually don't put out good films, but when they do, they rock. I put it in my list as soon as my friend Danny from San Antonio mentioned it to me on Facebook. I finally made time for it tonight after work.  Before watching this, I decided to put on "Under the Same Moon" (another tearjerker from Mexico). It made a great double feature.  The main actor from this movie, Eugenio Derbez, plays a smaller role in Under the Same Moon.  Instructions Not Included is about this guy who is a womanizer in this beach city in Mexico. The first few minutes of the film shows him with a different woman every day.  Then, one year later, one of the women he slept with, comes knocking on his door with a baby. She leaves him cold with the baby girl behind. Our main guy sees this as a threat to his freedom. He makes it his mission to take the baby back to the U.S to her mother. He has no luck. Then he starts getting attached.  Boom! Love!  Now, he's stuck with the baby but can't go back to Mexico because they might take her away. So he gets a job as a stunt guy in Hollywood because of an awesome stunt he pulled earlier. 6 years later, and they show the wonderful relationship between father and daughter.   Then the plot thickens when the mother comes back.  Awesome movie.
I highly recommend this movie, especially for those of us that are parents.  I'm buying this one for sure and adding it to my Foreign section.