Monday, December 31, 2012

Les Miserables (2012)





















Les Miserables
Saw this very late but had plenty of coffee
to sit through this long dramatic musical.
I enjoyed it a lot.
It's definitely not a movie I would see over and over.
But, it's got great powerful scenes and some songs were
pretty awesome.
Yeah, I would of wanted some more better songs.
I love the French rebel scenes.
I think the children in this were better performers and
singers than most of the grown ups.
I'm not too familiar with the original story and opera
but I think the story was pretty okay.
It kept me in there.
I would of wanted some scenes to be shorter.
Every minute of this was ambitious and calling for an Oscar.
I think it was a little over the top
(like trying to hard to impress and go all out).
But, overall, it was a pleasant experience.
It was marketed as a big Oscar hard driven musical and
that's what we get.  Nothing more.