Wednesday, December 5, 2012

80's Monday: Sixteen Candles

Every first Monday of every month is 80's Monday.
There's a lot of movies that came out in the 80's
that were so popular that I haven't seen.
I'm an 80's kid, so this segment will give me a chance
to catch up on some of those popular typical movies from this period.





















Sixteen Candles
This is the last 80's movie night of the year.
So, had to go all cheesy.
My birthday lands on this month, so decided
to go with this movie tonight.
And, I'm going to be double the age from this movie's title.
So it's only right to have some cake tonight.
I actually enjoyed most of this.
It didn't feel like a girlie movie until the last
15 minutes of the movie.
Majority of it was a typical 80's high school movie.
Crazy characters running around.
Theme songs playing to some of the characters.
Weird Chinese guy popping everywhere.
This is a pretty decent fun flick that I missed out in the 80's.
As for the ending, I'm not a girl, but as a guy, it was nothing
that special.  I've seen some better romantic endings.
But, I get it.
My favorite scenes include scenes with this guy:




And just for the sake of being cheesy tonight, here's the pic of the cake I ate tonight: