Monday, November 15, 2010

The Living and The Dead

The Living and the Dead
Crazy independent flick.
I thought I was going a little crazy halfway through.
But after the second half, I lost some of my sanity.
I imagine it can be boring with its slow narrative but
I was on a sugar rush that I didn't feel it boring at all.
It gets really interesting after a while.
My favorite scene: James (the schizophrenic)
takes a big bowl of different pills to his mother.
He argues with her outside her door.
Intense scene: James sticking four needles in his arms.
The story changes at the end of the second act.
The ending was confusing.
Kudos for being a little different.
This won the Jury Award at Fantastic Fest 2006.
The director came out with another film this year
that I saw called, "Red, White, and Blue."
That movie was a little better than this movie.

If you're in the mood for an independent drama
that's kind of out there, this is for you.