Saturday, November 20, 2010

Empire of the Sun

CATCHING UP WITH A DIRECTOR

November's Director: Steven Spielberg

#3:

Empire of the Sun
Believe it or not, I've never ever seen this movie
until tonight. I thought I saw pieces of this
back in my early years, but, I was wrong.
Great flick.
I didn't know John Malkovich was in it.
Young Christian Bale does a wonderful job here.
This is probably his best role.
I liked the movie as a whole.
The people starving moments is up there with
the starving moments of "The Pianist."
Would make a good double feature with that.

Another great Spielberg flick. I still can't believe
I've never seen this before.
Most likely you've seen this already, but, if you haven't:
I recommend this if you're in the mood for war/drama.
Got to add this to the WW2 collection.