Friday, October 2, 2009

Wizard of Gore / Gore Gore Girls

Friday at the Grindhouse

[To explore and expand my knowledge in exploitation
and grindhouse cinema, I will be watching on the first Friday of each month, either
a double or a triple feature of grindhouse movies that I never seen before.]

Tonight, I had a H.G. Lewis Double Feature
This is my first time checking anything out from this
director. I heard all the crazyness that goes on with
his films.


Wizard of Gore
This was definitely weird.
The gore on here was very low budget
and it made me giggle a little bit.
This is not for everyone.
I'm glad I checked it out to see what the big
fuzz was about. I don't think I can stand another
screening of it, because it's simply a not well made movie.
But of course, we shouldn't take this movie seriously.
It is good to watch after midnight when the brain
is all a mess.

Don't really recommend this unless you're desperate
for a cheesy little gore exploitation flick.



Gore Gore Girls
Now this one I enjoyed more than the previous.
It is very cheesy and sleazy.
And if you're a fan of gore, this is to the extreme.
The french fry deep fryer scene is original.
There's some very dull moments that I just had
to laugh with the film.
The "it's so bad that it's good" saying comes to mind.
This is a very good example of a grindhouse movie.
It's got all the elements and feel to it.
Love the whole surfer music, especially in some of the kills.

I couldn't find a trailer for this but I did find this short clip
of a messed up scene. It is not for the faint of heart.
This is simply just a taste of how weird this movie is.



Good for a 2:30 a.m screening.