Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Savages (2012)





















Savages
What a big disappointment this movie was.
I knew this had mixed reviews, but you know me,
I don't give a damn what "critics" have to say,
I'll still see a movie just for the hell of it.
This one happens to be directed by one of my favorite directors.
But, this is two strikes in a row for Oliver Stone.
I personally was let down.
This has to be one of my least favorite movies from this year.
I feel like I need to take Oliver Stone off my director shelf
so I can avoid buying this movie.
It starts okay and the premise was good
but come on, this is bullcrap.
First of all, I hate the narration by the main actress.
And speaking of her, she sucks too.
Second, one of my actors (Benicio Del Toro), didn't have
a good written character.
Could of been so much more.
As for the story itself, this Mexican cartel
has to be one of the most sweetest cartels ever to exist.
Yeah, they torture people and decapitate heads, but when
it comes to our main characters, they only get a few scratches.
Bullcrap, once again.
I thought this would be more gangster.
Instead this is more of love triangle with a stupid
girl and two guys who I don't know why they are so
hung up with this girl.
But she got lucky, because, the cartel that kidnapped her,
treated her with class.
Stay away from this movie.












This movie was served with Tecate and Texas Carne Asada Plate: