Monday, November 19, 2012

Home Invasion Thursday: Straw Dogs

Every third Thursday I'll comment
on a home invasion movie I've never seen before.
When I saw Kidnapped from Spain last year,
I decided to start a home invasion section for my collection.
Might as well do a special on this.





















Straw Dogs
I saw the original for the first time last year or so.
I liked it.  Dustin Hoffman ruled in that one.
This remake is almost the same thing except they
changed it to Southern America.
Majority of the movie sucked.
It didn't feel like a home invasion movie.
The last 15 minutes were the best parts of the movie
(the actual home invasion stuff).
The only reason I saw this is because I was curious to see
the differences between this one and the original.
The original one was more psychological and character driven.
This one, is all in your face.
But once it was over, it was over.
The bear trap killing scene was my favorite part.
Check out the original.
This one, not so much.