Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lincoln (2012)





















Lincoln
This should of been called "The 13th Amendment."
There wasn't enough of Lincoln scenes.
The movie was half Lincoln and half scenes about the 13th Amendment.
Actually, the supporting characters felt more
in charge and carried the story more than our main character.
I do love the performances and of course the
Daniel Day Lewis hype set the bar high that I was a little
disappointed with his performance here.
I'm sure most will praise his performance but
to me, it's all part of the hype.
I enjoyed his performance more in "There Will Be Blood" and
"Gangs of New York."
The movie was long and it felt long.
And I didn't like the way they decided to ended.
If they would of ended with a certain scene they showed before
the actual ending, it would of been more powerful.
Other than these things,
it was a well made movie.
Costumes, set designs, and the supporting cast,
helped make this movie okay.
Of course, I'm going to added to the Spielberg section.
If it weren't for that, I say this is probably just worth to rent only.