Friday, October 28, 2011

Maniac / Murder Rock

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE


Maniac
Tonight, I decided on a slasher double feature.
I been wanting to see this one for a very long time.
This was freaking bad ass for a grindhouse
slasher flick.
I love the slasher and his crazy personality.
I liked that he wasn't a 2D character.
He wasn't bland.
This guy talks to himself and his
mannequins/victims.
The death scenes were pretty crazy.
My favorite was the gunshot to
Tom Savini's head (which by the way,
Tom Savini did all the effects on this movie).

Good movie to start this Grindhouse night.
A must buy.



Murder Rock
An 80's slasher/dancing movie by
Lucio Fulci.
This one was weird.
I'm glad I decided to watch this very late.
It's got the 80's feeling throughout
the whole thing.
The kills weren't all that.
And the plot wasn't that good.
But, it's an alright late night movie.
It reminded me a little of "Black Swan"
except this one has lots of nudity
and cheesy dialogue (especially the cop scenes).
This movie keeps you guessing on
who the killer is.
A few surprises, but that's it.

Overall, not bad for a double feature.
I might not watch it again.