Friday, March 19, 2010

Alice in Wonderland 3-D (2010)


Alice in Wonderland
This is the first official 2010 movie that I got to see.
I'm a big Tim Burton fan.
My top three Burton films are:
Ed Wood, Big Fish, and Edward Scissorhands.
My bottom three are:
Corpse Bride, Charlie and Chocolate Factory,
and Planet of the Apes.
I heard mixed reviews about this one.
So, I went in with low expectations.
With that in mind, I still didn't like the movie as much.
There was parts that were okay.
But, the big problem for me was the story.
I knew that it was supposed to be a follow up to the original story.
But, it was weak.
Visuals were okay.
I didn't like some of the performances as well.

I have to let this grow on me for a bit, perhaps watch
it a few more times before I decide to put this towards the bottom of
Tim Burton films. For now, this was not love at first sight.