Wednesday, February 8, 2012

South American Cinema Night: Whisky

SOUTH AMERICAN CINEMA NIGHT

Every 2nd Wednesday of every month
I'll be checking out a movie from any country in South America.
My goal is to see one movie from each country.
This excludes any films I see at film festivals.

Tonight's movie is from the country of Uruguay.

Whisky
This is my first Uruguayan film ever.
For that, I give it some props.
It's nice to check out other countries other
than the typical stuff.
I mean, movies from America, Spain, and Japan,
(just to name a few)
are getting a bit boring now that I've seen tons of them.
Time to check out what other stuff is out there.
Eff the Eiffel Tower.
Well, this film was alright.
A bit slow and boring.
The characters were kind of lifeless.
2D characters to be exact.
I wanted more life out of them.
But, I did like the story a little bit.
My favorite part and probably the only part
I liked was when the brother gave his brother
(the main character) socks as a present.
The funny thing is that the main character
makes socks for a living.

Well these are my comments for this film.
I tried to find wine from Uruguay to go with this film.
The only place I found in Austin was expensive
so I went with an Argentinian wine instead.