Monday, February 6, 2012

80's Monday: Say Anything

80'S MONDAY

[Every first Monday of every month is 80's Monday.
There's a lot of movies that came out
in the 80's that were so popular that I haven't seen.
I'm an 80's kid, so this segment will give me a chance
to catch up on some of those popular typical movies from this period.]


Say Anything
This was bound to happen on a 80's Monday.
Everybody who grew up in the 80's always
talks about the famous John Cusack raising the stereo scene.
Well, here it is.
This was actually pretty damn good.
I thought it was going to be more
of a typical romantic comedy but it wasn't.
It's got a little bit of it.
But it's not strong enough to be considered a romantic comedy.
It has some cool moments.
My favorite moment being the scene
where our main character talks to the guys
outside the convenience store
while drinking beer and eating Funyuns.
That was pretty cool.
Didn't know Jeremy Piven and Eric Stoltz
was on here.
As far as the stereo scene,
it wasn't what I expected.

This movie wasn't as cheesy as other movies
from the 80's. But, it was a good time, for sure.