Thursday, January 19, 2012

Home Invasion Thursday: Funny Games

HOME INVASION THURSDAY


Every third Thursday I'll comment on a
home invasion movie I've never seen before.
When I saw Kidnapped from Spain last year,
I decided to start a home invasion section for my collection.
Might as well do a special on this.


Funny Games
I saw the American remake to this in 2008
also by the same director with Naomi Watts playing
the lead.
This German original is exactly the same.
Nothing is different from this and the remake.
I forgot how actually crazy this story is.
I mean, I remember some things but
I forgot little details.
Details like, the bad guys stare at the camera
and play with us (the audience).
This is one crazy home invasion movie.
Love that in the first 15 minutes, there's lots
of close ups and we don't see the whole surrounding.
It has similar ending results like The Strangers
and Kidnapped.


Worth buying for the home invasion section.
Worth checking out for sure.
Doesn't matter which one you go with.
The remake would be easier to find in stores.