Monday, January 2, 2012

80's Monday: Weird Science

80'S MONDAY

[Every first Monday of every month is 80's Monday.
There's a lot of movies that came out
in the 80's that were so popular that I haven't seen.
I'm an 80's kid, so this segment will give me a chance
to catch up on some of those popular typical movies from this period.]


Weird Science
We kick off 80's Monday with this John Hughes classic.
I've never seen it.
I've seen clips on this on shows before.
This was very 80's for sure.
Very weird and very cheesy.
I enjoyed it, especially the quirky moments.
Some of my favorite moments are:
the smiling grandparents in the pantry moment,
Bill Paxton's nerdy but tough character,
and some of the party scenes.
Who comes up with this stuff?
Another cool moment was the chase scene
towards the end and our main character beats
a moving train and escapes from the cops.
It's short but sweet.

Yeah, this brought me to the 80's for sure.
Cheesy and stupid and memorable.
I can't believe they had computers that can create
women back then. I don't think they have them anymore.
Lucky bastards.