Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Tree of Life (2011)


The Tree of Life
I didn't like it.
Some art fans might like it.
I tried to like it but it was just too much and too long.
It was mostly boring.
The first 40 minutes are nothing but images
with some narration here and there.
I thought I was watching some documentary about the history on
the Earth (dinasours, the ocean, nature).
Then after a while we get to some of the spoken dialogue scenes.
A little confusing.
Brad Pitt was alright.
Sean Penn has like a total of 10 minutes of screen time
in this 2 hour and 13 minute movie.
The kid the plays the young Sean Penn's character was really good.
The music was okay.
But that's about it.
I thought it was going to be more drama between
father and son relationship.
But what I got is pure poetry about God and nature.
It's not exactly my cup of tea in a movie.
This was mostly shot in Austin and surrounding areas.
Cool to see the Barton Springs Pool making it into the movie.

Don't waste your time on this unless you have very good patience.