Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bambi

SHAME ON ME WEDNESDAY

[The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, so shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.]

This month, my focus is Animated movies.
The following five animated films I've never seen before:

Bambi
The Iron Giant
Lady and the Tramp
Fantasia
Akira

This month's pick by majority votes:
Bambi
Runner Up: Lady and the Tramp


Bambi
I'm glad this was very short (1hr and 9mins).
It was kind of boring.
The only parts I liked was the parts with the rabbit.
It reminded me somewhat of The Lion King.
But this film came out 50 years before.
It's considered a classic (duh, who hasn't heard of
freaking Bambi?).
I think I've seen clips before but
never took interest to see this movie.
And if it wasn't for Shame on Me Wednesday,
I wouldn't have seen this at all.

Glad to get this one out of the way.
One more Shame on Me Wednesday to go.
For the last one, my film experts will vote
for the best runner-up from all year long.