Thursday, November 17, 2011

Family

YAKUZA NIGHT THURSDAY

Every third Thursday of every month of this year,
I'll be watching a yakuza flick.
Love the yakuza genre but haven't really seen a whole lot.
There's a lot of classics out there.
This will help me explore these Japanese movies.
I'll be watching a few from directors,
Kinji Fukasaku, and Takashi Miike, as well other
yakuza flicks from the 60's and to the present.


Family
This started out freaking crazy (Takashi Miike style)
but then it turned out very confusing.
It was hard for me to follow the story and some of the characters.
But I love the metal/punk music on here.
There was hardly yakuza traditional stuff but there was some
to qualify this as a yakuza flick.
This is known as Family 2 in some countries but it's not a sequel.
I love some of blood splatter scenes near the beginning.
Most of it was kind of slow.
My favorite Yakuza film from Miike is still Graveyard of Honor.

No trailer found.