Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gonin

YAKUZA NIGHT THURSDAY

Every third Thursday of every month of this year,
I'll be watching a yakuza flick.
Love the yakuza genre but haven't really seen a whole lot.
There's a lot of classics out there.
This will help me explore these Japanese movies.
I'll be watching a few from directors,
Kinji Fukasaku, and Takashi Miike, as well other
yakuza flicks from the 60's and to the present.


Gonin
I never heard this movie before until tonight.
I was at I Luv Video searching through the Japanese section
when I found this.
It has Beat Takeshi in it, so how bad could it be?
Not bad. In fact it kind of kicked ass.
It starts getting really crazy when these four people
teamed up to rob the yakuzas.
All the crazy violence happens from there and on.
Some great shootouts.
The ending was a little weak.
But overall I say, "hell yeah."
Good yakuza flick from the 1990's.
Beat Takeshi don't come out until halfway through the film
but he steals the show from there.
Last year during Fantastic Fest I saw a pretty good yakuza flick of
his called, Outrage.
I wonder when that one is coming out on DVD?

This is one is worth to buy, especially if it's on sale.
There's a part two to this but don't know much about it.