Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Bridge On The River Kwai

SHAME ON ME WEDNESDAY

[The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, so shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.]

The month of July is the month for War movies.
The following five War movies I've never seen before:

The Great Escape
Das Boot
The Bridge On The River Kwai
Thin Red Line
M.A.S.H

All members from the panel chose
The Bridge On The River Kwai.

Runner Up: Das Boot


The Bridge On The River Kwai
Classic!!
It's a war movie but it's not all in your face war movie.
These captured soldiers are ordered to build a bridge
for the enemy and this is that story.
Felt a bit ashamed for not having seen it.
It's got great music.
Great scenes and a great ending.
It's a little long but it's an epic movie.

If it weren't for Shame on Me, I honestly would of
probably seen this movie in five years or so.
But, I got it over with.