Friday, June 10, 2011

Super 8 (2011)


Super 8
Wow!!
Don't want to hype this movie up,
but, this movie exceeded my high expectations.
This is the movie I wanted to see this Summer the most.
It brought me back to the 80's.
Back to those times when I first
saw movies like Poltergeist, Monster Squad,
The Goonies, and E.T.
Love the soundtrack (including the score).
So many things told in a simple straightforward way.
Great experience from frame one
to the very last frame of the credits.
This has to be my number one favorite movie this year so far.
The kids are likeable.
Each of them has their own distinct personality.
Not giving away any spoilers.
Lots of favorite moments such as:
the bus scene, the stoner scene,
the underground escape scene,
and the kids making their movie scenes.
Some good emotional scenes as well.


Highly recommend this movie.
Especially if you grew up in the 80's.
This is a good throwback to those times.
I currently have 3 alien movies in my top five this year.
Paul and Attack the Block are the other two.
As a matter of fact, Super 8 would make
an excellent double feature with Attack the Block
(another throwback to the 80's movie).