Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Slumber Party Massacre


The Slumber Party Massacre
It's not Friday at the Grindhouse,
but I had to watch this slasher grindhouse picture
the day before Super 8 officially comes out.
You see, Super's 8 director (JJ Abrams)
stated that the following four films inspired Super 8:
The Thing, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Scanners,
and The Slumber Party Massacre.
The Alamo Drafthouse and AICN had free screenings
to these films but I was unable to go because
of my work schedule.
I've seen the first three, so tonight was this movie.
Not bad.
Easy straightforward story kinda like
other slasher flicks (Halloween and Pieces).
We get some nudity stuff in the beginning
and then we go into some alright killings.
I like the ending where the killer speaks for the first time
and says, "I love you."
Good gothic 80's music.

This one is a must have for the Grindhouse section.
I would play this is a double feature with another alright
slasher flick, Torso.