Friday, June 24, 2011

Fight For Your Life / Death Wish

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE


Fight For Your Life
This month I was going for the father takes
revenge theme.
This one is not quite like that but
it's close enough.
This movie is supposed to be very controversial
and was banned in a lot of countries.
There's only one scene that I found it to be messed up.
It's the scene where they killed a young kid.
Other than that, the rest wasn't so bad.
This reminded me a little of The Last House on The Left.
So it's not just the father but the family as a whole
take revenge on these escaped convicts for
what they did to other family members.
A little cheesy.

Alright to see for Grindhouse fans.



Death Wish
Now this next one here is total badass.
I mean I knew I was going to like a lot.
I've always heard about this movie
and seen clips of all Death Wish movies
but I never actually sat down to watch it.
This second grindhouse feature is what made the night for me.
It has a similar plot to Vigilante (which came out after this one).
Don't mess with Charles Bronson.
I don't get these punks.
They see Bronson alone and they
want to take his wallet all the time.
Too easy, my friend.
But we have fun with it.
Of course, Bronson doesn't let these
punks take his wallet.
I love, love the ending.
You know, where Bronson uses his hands
as a gun and points at these bullies at the
station. Very cool.
So, this one is about a father taking revenge
(mostly because his wife died but daughter was
also affected).
Here, he doesn't take revenge specifically to the attackers but
to all crime in general.

A must see and a must buy for Grindhouse fans
and collectors.