Monday, November 16, 2015

The Night Before (2015)

Saw a free advanced screening of this movie because I didn't think it was going to worth paying full price at the theater.  Well, this surprised me.  Stoner comedy all the way.  Great double feature with Harold and Kumar Christmas.  Some funny fucking shit.  It had me laughing here and there.  This is what "This is the End" should have been like for me.  This might not be the funniest movie of the year.  Actually, besides the Fantastic Fest stuff, this might be up there with Trainwreck and Spy (two of my favorite comedies this year).  It has some stupid moments but that's okay.  It's a stoner comedy.  Not a smart or a laugh out loud comedy.  I enjoyed it.  The ending is a Hollywood predictable ending.  Fun Christmas movie.  Home Alone references.  James fucking Franco.  Holy shit, Michael Shannon is the best pot dealer ever.  The Great Gatsby.  Worth checking out if you're a stoner comedy fan.  Everyone else, at your own risk.  
7 out of 10.