Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Yakuza Papers Vol. 3: Proxy War

YAKUZA NIGHT THURSDAY

Every third Thursday of every month of this year,
I'll be watching a yakuza flick.
Love the yakuza genre but haven't really seen a whole lot.
There's a lot of classics out there.
This will help me explore these Japanese movies.
I'll be watching a few from directors,
Kinji Fukasaku and Takashi Miike,
as well other yakuza flicks from the 60's and to the present.


The Yakuza Papers Vol. 3: Proxy War
This continues right where part volume two ended.
Not a lot of things happened here.
Just bunch of yakuzas battling each other
and starting more crap with rival groups.
I like the severed hand scene.
The last 30 minutes of the film seemed
a little to repetitive.
Couldn't help but falling asleep during the last part.
I still love the style.
And I hope to one day own this collection set
and rewatch them all again.
1600/yakuza%2Bpapers%2B33.jpg">
No trailer found but here's the opening to Vol.1
just for kicks:


At the end of the year,
I'll post my most favorite to least favorite
of the Yakuza films I've seen this year.