Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yakuza Graveyard

YAKUZA NIGHT THURSDAY

Every third Thursday of every month of this year,
I'll be watching a yakuza flick.
Love the yakuza genre but haven't really seen a whole lot.
There's a lot of classics out there.
This will help me explore these Japanese movies.
I'll be watching a few from directors,
Kinji Fukasaku, and Takashi Miike, as well other
yakuza flicks from the 60's and to the present.



Yakuza Graveyard
We have another awesome yakuza movie from
Kinji Fukasaku. Just like the others ones I've seen,
it's got the same style, music, and shots.
Here we focus on this cop and his relationship and
business with yakuzas.
Couple of badass shootouts.
Some predictable stuff.
Lots of talking and yelling so it was a bit
hard to follow.
But nice 70's feeling.

I'm going to have to do a Kinji Fukasaku section one day.
This went well with some Saporro beers and sushi.