Monday, August 15, 2011

3 Extremes II

[Note to fans of this blog:
Yesterday was supposed to be
Linda's Saturday Pick. But due
to some conflict of interest and as
a request from Linda, this segment will
now be cancelled from here on out.]


3 Extremes II
I bought this movie for two bucks
(same price as a rental).
I'm somewhat of a fan of the first one.
So I decided to give this a try.
It was a little disappointing.
The movies weren't too crazy or not
what I expected.
Just like the first one, this one also has three stories.
The first story is directed by Kim Jee-Woon (I Saw The Devil).
I was wanting this one to be badass because
this is one of my favorite Korean directors.
All his movies kick ass.
The story here wasn't that exciting.
But, I do gotta give props for those wonderful shots.
The second story is about puppets.
And man I was wanting some Puppetmaster stuff here,
but it wasn't.
The third story was probably my favorite.
This one was a little crazier than the other two.
I mean if a guy thinks his dead wife will come back to life,
that's crazy, isn't it?
And he keeps her around his place and stuff.

So overall, a little weak.
I wouldn't recommend it but I do recommend
watching, "Dumplings" (the first story from 3 Extremes Part 1)
if you haven't already.