Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tombstone

SHAME ON ME

[The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, so shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.]

My focus this month is Westerns.
The following five Westerns I've never seen before:

The Searchers
The Wild Bunch
Tombstone
High Noon
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

There was a three way tie with my film panel.
So I went to two other sources to break the tie.
Tombstone won by majority votes.

Runner Up: The Wild Bunch


Tombstone
Excellent western.
I really liked the story and the characters.
My favorite character is Doc Holiday
played wonderfully by Val Kilmer.
He steals the show every scene he's in.
Possibly my favorite Val Kilmer role
(wait, he was badass as Jim Morrison from The Doors).
Here, we have traditional western setup.
It's great.
Shame on me. I wasn't raised watching westerns.
I wasn't into them until I got much older.

Glad I finally had the chance to see this western masterpiece.