Friday, June 25, 2010

Torso/The Candy Snatchers/Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Friday At The Grindhouse

[I know I'm a little early in posting this (Friday June 25 11:00 am).
Due to my work schedule this weekend,
I decided to have my grindhouse night last night.
I started around 11:30p.m and got done about 4am this morning.]

This month's Grindhouse Night,
I decided to watch a triple feature rather than the usual double.

First up:


Torso
Not bad slasher flick. Sleazy and entertaining.
Love all the zoom ins and zoom outs.
Not the kind of film I would see again.
Simply, a one night stand.
The first half was okay and the second half gets a little
better with some suspense.



Next up:


The Candy Snatchers
If you're a grindhouse fan and you haven't seen this,
let me tell you that this is a must buy for your collection.
It's rare to find, but this is one of the best exploitation films
I've ever seen.
It's cheesy but entertaining and it's got style, in my opinion.
They don't make them like this anymore.
A lot of twists and memorables scenes.


This is my first time watching this vintage flick
that so many grindhouse fans make a big fuzz about.
For it's time, it's a classic.
To me, this was somewhat enjoyable.
I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.
There's some okay scenes, but what I liked better
was the dialogue
(some of which you'll find in White Zombie's first album).
The story is simple with today's standards, but I imagine
when this came out, it blew people's minds away.



That's it for this month's Grindhouse Night.
The treat today was The Candy Snatchers.
And for the record, Friday at the Grindhouse is my favorite
personal movie event.
Can't wait for the next one.
There's thousands of flicks out there waiting for me to check out.