Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Evil Dead 1 & 2

Catching Up With A Director Segment
and
The Unnofficial Shame On Me Segment
Presents:

The Evil Dead 1 and 2 screening.

This month's director is Sam Raimi.
I'll be seeing five films I've never seen before by him.
The only films that I've seen from him are:
The Quick and the Dead
A Simple Plan
Spiderman 1-3
and
Drag Me To Hell.

We'll start tonight with his cult classics.


The Evil Dead
Shame on me for not seeing this movie as a whole
before until today.
I remember seeing scenes here and there
throughout my life, but never complete.
The other day, I saw the book of the dead edition
on sale for dirt cheap, and I decided to take advantage
of it for this month's director (Sam Raimi).
I don't consider this a zombie film, but
it's a bad ass classic horror.
Love the gore and the low budget feel to this.
We're stuck in a cabin and I feel a bit clausterphobic.
Damn, I love all the shots and the ending.






The Evil Dead 2
I've never seen any part of this sequel until tonight.
It's more comedy than horror, but the
gore here is freaking hilarious.
The gore is up there with Peter Jackson's Dead Alive.
Chainsaw arm scene is cool.
Not too fond of the ending.
I know it's supposed to be a foreshadow for Army of Darkness,
but, I wasn't feeling it.
I like the first one just a tad better than this one,
but this one is also a classic.
Favorite part was the eyeball to to the mouth part.

Shame on me for not seeing this earlier.