Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Gift

Catching Up With A Director Segment

This month's director is Sam Raimi.
I've already seen The Evil Trilogy
as well as Darkman this month.
Now for the fifth Raimi film that I've never seen before:


The Gift
Another Raimi satisfaction.
It's nice to see Keanu Reeves playing a redneck.
I could tell Raimi's style in here
(especially in Annie's daydreams).
I'm a fan of this decent story.
I would buy it if I start collecting movies from Sam Raimi
(and believe me, I might just do that soon).

Now that I've seen most of his films,
I can list my favorites in order.
It's hard because he doesn't have a bad movie
in my opinion.
From most favorite to least favorite:
1. A Simple Plan
2. Spiderman
3. Evil Dead
4. Drag Me To Hell
5. Evil Dead 2
6. Army of Darkness
7. Spiderman 2
8. The Gift
9. Darkman
10. The Quick and the Dead
11. Spiderman 3

(The only ones that I haven't seen are:
For Love of the Game and Crimewaves)