Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gran Torino

New Release Tuesdays Presents:

Gran Torino
Clint Eastwood's latest was not as good as I thought.
It's alright.
To me, it felt as if this was Clint Eastwood's first attempt
at making a film.
If I was making my first feature film,
it would feel like this.
Straightforward dialogue,
little bit of bad acting among some of the actors.
There's also some problems with the plot.
(For example, that one white guy saying bro to
the colored people. Clint Eastwood's character just
happened to know that was going on from
a mile away.)
That was the first half.
The second half was a little better.
My favorite part was the barbershop scene,
where Walt was teaching Thao how men talk.

Even though it gets predictable towards the end,
I thought as a whole, was just average.